What Can I expect?The Grove is a place where it is safe to explore faith
The church service starts at 11.00am on Saturdays.
Firstly, yes we do meet on Saturdays as strange as that may seem. As Seventh-day Adventists we believe God instituted a day of rest at creation and commanded the Israelites to observe it in the 10 commandments and that although we are not saved by keeping the commandments that they are still all relevant to maintaining a close relationship to God in the New Testament. So we simply and humbly follow this command among others as a loving act and accepting it as a gift from our God and Saviour.
It is a time where we can unite together, gather strength from the Word of God and learn more about God.
Following is an example of a typical weekly church services –
- Song Service – singing of contemporary Christian songs and praises to God.
- Offering – for local running costs or mission projects.
- Children’s Story – a short story is told to teach the Children about an aspect of the Bible.
- Special Item – This can be a musical item or even a drama performance on an aspect or story in the Bible.
- Scripture Reading – a passage of the Bible is read that is relevant to the sermon
- The message – The local pastor or a guest speaker will share a message with the congregation on God’s Word
- Benediction – the preacher closes the service with prayer.
- Fellowship Lunch – on the first week of the month our church has a free lunch so you can meet new people or catch up with friends.
KIDS, YOUTH & ADULT BIBLE STUDY
Study time from 10am til 10:50am
It’s a time where we can discuss the teachings of the Bible and socialise with each other.
Bible Study groups are divided into the following general age groups:
- Adults (ages 30+)
- Young Adults (ages 20-30)
- Youth (ages 13-19)
- Juniors (ages 10-12)
- Primary (ages 6-9)
- Beginner/Kindergarten (ages 0-5)
Outlined below is a typical Sabbath school program for the adults –
- Lesson Study – We have small groups to study the Bible. You can choose which group you want to attend. The duration of the lesson study is about 30-40 minutes. During this time, Adventists study the Bible using the Sabbath school lesson as a guide. The Sabbath school lesson is a Bible-study guide produced every three months by the worldwide church’s Sabbath School Department. People are encouraged to study the lesson throughout the week and, during Sabbath school, discuss what it is teaching and have the opportunity to share how it has made an impact on them.
- You can download the Sabbath school lesson app from Google Play or the Apple App store by following the links below or clicking the link to the website.